With the current pandemic slowing the market down, organizations need to innovate in how they reduce time-to-market while continuing to bring value that generates revenue. Compound that with teams now needing to work remotely, and stay in touch with other teams that are scattered throughout the country or world. This brings a host of challenges around communication, alignment, and visibility.
It goes without saying that communication and coordination between members within and across teams are paramount.
Many leaders have seen how misalignment can snowball to the point where each team member is at different points of understanding, and getting everyone back on the same page is a huge undertaking. Communication within and across teams can get highly fragmented with each individual becoming a possible silo.
After all the teammates sift and sort out the action items, they now have a common understanding. Awesome, they move onto getting their work items done! EXCEPT… now they’re bombarded with tools from left, right, up, and down.
I bet you have separate tools for project management, knowledgebase, documentation, repositories, communication, and plenty more. How many times has your context switched from one tool to the next to either get updates, provide updates, or the time immemorial what-the-heck-is-going-on scanning pages? Stressful, isn’t it?
Your guardian angel
I want you to imagine centralizing functions ranging from pulling and pushing updates, announcements, self-serve knowledge bases, and more. A singular location to access a plethora of resources.
Oh, wait…there’s already a tool. Hey, Slack! *waves hello*.
Okay yes, we all know Slack and Atlassian formed a partnership back in 2018 so they’re not exactly a new player in the space. At that time, Slack was more known as a messaging tool with some application hookups here and there. But now, Slack is a powerhouse partner with the ability to empower your teams, transform collaboration, and enable outcome-driven agility.
So, what do some of these use cases look like?
HR & Onboarding
- Push critical notifications at the right time and place with centralized channels
- Use the power of crowdsourcing! Encourage public discussion to drive greater understanding and transparency and curate the best of the best answers.
Sales & Marketing
- Keep tabs on opportunities as they flow through your workflows
- Receive notifications that you want when you want where you want
- Query information on Leads, Contacts, Accounts, etc from within Slack
- Follow how prospects navigate and interact through your website
Agile Planning & Execution
- Stay connected and aligned with business goals. Integrate messaging and decision logs alongside your work items
- Receive status updates on work items, know when things are on or off track
Agile Release Management
- Jira bot can send customizable notifications to you and to proper channels
- Use message actions and commands to create/update/view Jira issues right in Slack
- Connect your Jira project to Slack and receive automation notifications
Let’s wrap it up
There are plenty of other use cases out there, but these highlight Slack’s flexibility to hit upon requirements from Team to Portfolio, and unite business functions from across departments. Ultimately, weaving real-time collaboration and process together brings greater transparency, actionability, and agility.
Check out this site for more info: https://www.cprime.com/cloud/slack/
Tagged with: Agile planning and execution, Agile Release Management, alignment, communication, HR & onboarding, Marketing, sales, Slack, teams, visibility
Categorized in: Agile, Automation, Jira, Jira Admin, Project management, Reports, Routines, Slack