Do you worry about your time, value the privacy and integrity of your data, respect the laws, and are in need of a sophisticated yet simple approach to achieving FDA 21 CFR Part 11 compliance? Look no further!
Electronic Signatures enables you to check user credentials according to technical elements of 21 CFR Part 11 which defines the criteria under which electronic records and electronic signatures are considered trustworthy, reliable, and equivalent to paper records. We are thrilled to announce that these great features are now available on Jira Cloud.
Be fast and efficient
This application has an easy set of configurations to simplify your work processes, and provides more digital reliability and fewer paper records in your daily routine. Using Electronic Signatures eliminates continuous manual checks and reminders, increases convenience for the team, and at the same time forces each team player to work more responsibly.
Why you should try it right now
Electronic Signatures is a perfect way to increase your data security. You will fall in love with this app because it will help you:
- Prevent unauthorized actions on Jira issues
- Avoid undesirable transitions within unsigned Jira tickets
- Keep your eye on the ball with the user-friendly Issue Signatures tab and Issue glance panel inside the ticket
- Confirm actions by certifying it with a signature in the form of a personal PIN
- Get your Jira records compliant with the FDA regulation CFR 21 part 11
How it works
The Cloud version of Electronic Signatures for Jira is slightly different from the Server version, but still gets the job effectively and efficiently. Just these simple steps are standing between you and enjoying all features. We have a recorded webinar that demos these steps if you want to watch vs. read! Watch it here.
- Prerequisites for using Electronic Signatures for Jira to work successfully is to confirm that your Email settings are enabled. To do this, go to your Atlassian account and select Personal Settings. Ensure that you enable email updates notifications when You make changes to the issue.
- In the Jira Issue that you want to sign, click E-Signatures either from Issue actions or Issue itself.
- Put your personal PIN that you received by email into the E-Signatures page.
- See all the information documented on who, when, and why made the changes with the current issue in the Issue Signatures tab and Issue glance panel.
That’s not all
One of the most valuable features of Electronic Signatures is the ability to ensure that transition is possible only if the signature was executed by the current user. It is a good point that forces each of the team members to be more mindful and responsible. Electronic Signatures validator is a perfect match for this.
Perform the following steps to setup E-Signature Validator:
- Go to Project settings.
- Click Workflows and then Edit for the relevant workflow.
- In diagram mode, select the transition arrow. In-text mode, select the transition’s name from the Transitions (id) column.
- In diagram mode, click Validators in the properties panel to show the triggers configured for the transition.
- Click Add validator, select ‘Issue contains user E-Signatures‘ from the available validators, and click Add.
- Don’t forget to publish your new workflow and you’re all set.
Now users will not be able to make a transition unless they sign the issue.
Sometimes you need to verify each step of the transition, for that Reset E-Signatures post-function will be helpful. You may configure it similarly to the E-Signatures validator. Using the Post function along with validator powers your workflow and prevents unauthorized actions on the issues.
We are making every effort to ensure your satisfaction and data security, and this is only the beginning. If you have any suggestions or questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Tagged with: 21 CFR Part 11, Atlassian, cloud, compliance, Electronic Signatures, governance, jira, jira admin
Categorized in: Cloud, Data, Jira, Jira Admin, Metadata, Project management, Reports, Validators, Workflows