Are you ready? For the much-anticipated feature in our Global SSO application to hit the market? Of course, you are!
Starting with Global SSO 3.0, you now have access to the Metadata support.
This means that by uploading the Metadata file or link the users will be able to configure the Global SSO much faster as the attributes are filled in automatically. No need to read a ton of the documentation or working in debug mode. And not only will you be able to configure the Global SSO faster, but you’ll also be able to troubleshoot easily and from now on the app provides visibility on where the mistakes can be.
Why is this important and what are the benefits
Sometimes in life, you face situations where something doesn’t work or you need to troubleshoot this quickly – the new version gives endless possibilities with that. As a result, satisfaction will be higher.
By using the new Global SSO, you can:
- Speed up configuration time
- Perform fast and informative troubleshooting
- Map usernames to the SAML attributes
How does the feature work
- Log into your Atlassian Application as Admin.
- In the cogwheel menu, select Apps.
- Click SAML Consumer Configuration section.
- Upload the Metadata information from the IDP on the General tab and put the Secret Phrase.
- Click Parse settings from metadata.
- All the fields are filled out automatically in the Advanced Setup tab.
Go to Global SSO Settings. The fields are filled out automatically as well.
- Now, let’s test SSO configuration. Go to Test SSO tab and click Send test SAML request to IDP.
You’ll receive the SAML response with the necessary attributes. Here you can also map the username to the SAML attributes.
If you set up the certificate that has expired or the audience was wrong by clicking Send test SAML request to IDP you can easily troubleshoot your configuration.
Note: We didn’t implement the automatic fix for such issues as sometimes you need to fix that on the IDP side but not on the SAML Consumer configuration itself.
And that’s it! You can now easily configure and troubleshoot your Global SSO app. We are in the middle of working on some new exciting features to complement this latest release so watch this space for more updates soon!
Tagged with: Atlassian, configuration, Global SSO, jira, jira administration, SAML
Categorized in: Automation, custom fields, Data, Metadata, SSO, Workflows